datazuum is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. Please note that we may amend this policy in the future to reflect any changes in our services, the law, or our organisation.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website. This includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
2. information for subscriptions to our website services, email notifications, and/or newsletters;
3. any other information you choose to send to us.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. The information we get from the cookie may be used in our website administration. This includes usability improvements and for marketing purposes. We may also use the information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. You can refuse to accept cookies on most browsers if you would rather we didn’t use your information in this way.
3. Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
1. administer the website;
2. personalise the website to improve your browsing experience;
3. allow you to use the services available on the website;
4. send you general commercial communications;
5. send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
6. send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer want to receive our marketing communications) ;
7. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Other disclosures
1. when we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. This includes giving information to others for fraud prevention reasons and reducing credit risk; and
4. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are selling.
If you are in the European Union, information which you supply may be transferred to countries which do not have the same data protection laws as those in the European Union. If you give us information it will be understood that you accept this transfer.
6. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure. For this reason we can’t guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask you for your password.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity [(for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)].
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.