Reduce regulatory compliance risk
Increase confidence in decision making
Reduce time and effort to resolve data issues
Reduce system design and integration effort
Reduce risk of departmental silos and duplication of data
Promote value of data assets
Data governance is the overarching policies and processes that govern the management of company data. The purpose of data governance is to identify what information is important, establish the processes to manage it and measure the effectiveness of the effort in achieving business objectives.
It helps to manage and resolve data related issues, and understand and promote the value of data assets. As part of the initiative we help you define policies, standards, procedures, and metrics in order to get consistent and reliable data throughout your organisation. Track, and oversee the delivery of data management projects and services.
Benefits of data governance to your organisation
- Assurance and evidence that data is managed effectively reduces regulatory compliance risk and improves confidence in operational and management decisions
- Known individuals, their responsibilities and escalation route reduce the time and effort to resolve data issues.
- Increased capabilities to respond to change and events faster through joint understanding across users and IT
- Reduced system design and integration effort
- Reduced risk of departmental silos and duplication leading to reconciliation effort and argument
- Provides the business with the foundation to create, manage and commercialise data – one source of the truth.
- Gives an early indication of who sees what kind of data in the business, ensuring data security is applied at the right levels
- Ensure that data from different systems is in line with common data attributes and definitions.
How our data specialists will support you?
- Determine the data needs and how they align with your analytics strategy to meet key business objectives
- Understand and assess current state data management maturity level
- Identify the gaps that need to fulfilled and establish a Data Governance roadmap
- Identify core business data entities that need to be managed consistently across the organisation and establish business priorities for change
- Define key stakeholders, including data architects and data stewards, roles, responsibilities and permissions for accessing and changing data
- Define data policies, standards, and procedures
- Implement Master Data Management to ensure there is a single point of reference for your data to support your business strategy
If you want to get more value from your data, please contact us on +44 (0)845 056 8753 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
“datazuum achieved a lot in a surprisingly short time frame. Their findings and presentation provided us with data insights to define our overall scope for data governance. They were collaborative, professional and flexible to suit our stakeholder needs. datazuum’s recommendations were very valuable, enabling us to organise and prioritise our Master Data Management initiative.”
“With sound participations on numerous projects across various industries, datazuum are able to quickly assess customer’s situation and BI needs. A strong team always comes up with practical BI solutions.”